The Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 85mm/T2.1 Cine Lens MFT Mount is part of the second generation of CP cinema lenses that were the first to offer full-frame 35mm coverage of large sensor DSLRs. This second generation of the Compact Prime lenses now delivers even greater flexibility by introducing interchangeable mounts that allow the lenses to be used with a wide range of cameras from traditional cine to HDSLR systems.
Yet back to flexibility -- for anyone who wants to take advantage of the 4K shooting capacity of many of the cameras being released, the entire CP.2 family, with the 85mm included, is 4K-compatible.
The 85mm is also color-matched with the rest of the CP.2 family, and so swapping it with another from within the family can conveniently be done without correcting for changes in post.
- Mount The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are the world's first cine lenses designed for use with DSLR cameras. The interchangeable mount guarantees high flexibility for present and future use in any situation and for a wide range of camera platforms.
- Allows a mix of DSLR systems with traditional cine cameras, for maximum flexibility on set
- No need for adapter solutions anymore
- Three different mounts available (PL, EF and F mount)
Ready for the Future
- The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses cover a full-frame image format without vignetting. Combined with the interchangeable mount, the Compact Prime CP.2 offers the possibility to upgrade to any number of existing or future cine and still cameras while still utilizing the same set of lenses.
- Full-frame coverage (24 x 36 mm) for focal lengths 21 to 100 mm
- Common aperture of T2.1 for the standard lens set
- Sweet spot effect with APS-C sensors
Unique 14-Blade Iris
- The iris opening of the Compact Prime CP.2 lenses is created by 14 high precision blades. It stays consistently round and symmetrical over the entire T-stop range. This translates into natural and pleasing out-of-focus highlights and a smooth bokeh. Together they help create and capture special moments on film.
High Optical Performance
- The modern lens design as well as the cine manufacturing process and tight tolerances ensure low distortion, high resolution and excellent color rendition for sharp, punchy images.
- High resolution and contrast
- Low distortion
- Color matched
- Great flare suppression through T* anti-reflex coating and internal light traps
- Calibrated lens scales
- Standard focus and iris gear positions
- Stable exposure due to manual operated aperture
- Robust and reliable cine style housing
- Longer focus rotation and a manual focus
- Consistent front diameter from lens to lens
MountInterchangeable - MFT
Focal Length - 85mm
Aperture - T2.1
Elements/Groups - 10/8
Front Lens Diameter - 114mm
Minimum Object Distance (M.O.D.) - 1m
Length - 8cm
Weight - 1kg