The Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 50mm/T2.1 Makro Cine Lens (EF Mount) is part of the second generation of CP cinema lenses that were the first to offer the affordability and optics of still-lens Distagons with the functionality and handling of a motion picture lens. What distinguishes the CP.2 from its PL-mount-only predecessor is its interchangeable lens mount, which allows the included Canon EF mount to be easily swapped out for an optional Nikon F or cinema-standard PL mount. For the first time, a single, affordable, professional quality lens can be used on both cinema and still cameras, opening up creative possibilities that keep your rig lightweight, versatile, and on budget.
- The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are the world's first cine lenses designed for use with DSLR cameras. The interchangeable mount guarantees high flexibility for present and future use in any situation and for a wide range of camera platforms.
- Allows a mix of DSLR systems with traditional cine cameras, for maximum flexibility on set
- No need for adapter solutions anymore
- Three different mounts available (PL, EF and F mount)
Ready for the Future
- Combined with the interchangeable mount, the Compact Prime CP.2 offers the possibility to upgrade to any number of existing or future cine and still cameras while still utilizing the same set of lenses.
- Full-frame coverage (24 x 36 mm) for focal lengths 21 to 100 mm (18mm covers ANSI Super 35 and Normal 35 image format)
- Common aperture of T2.1 for the standard lens set
- Sweet spot effect with APS-C sensors
Unique 14-Blade Iris
- The iris opening of the Compact Prime CP.2 lenses is created by 14 high precision blades. It stays consistently round and symmetrical over the entire T-stop range. This translates into natural and pleasing out-of-focus highlights and a smooth bokeh. Together they help create and capture special moments on film.
High Optical Performance
- The modern lens design as well as the cine manufacturing process and tight tolerances ensure low distortion, high resolution and excellent color rendition for sharp, punchy images.
- High resolution and contrast
- Low distortion
- Color matched
- Great flare suppression through T* anti-reflex coating and internal light traps
- Calibrated lens scales
- Standard focus and iris gear positions
- Stable exposure due to manual operated aperture
- Robust and reliable cine style housing
- Longer focus rotation and a manual focus
- Consistent front diameter from lens to lens
This product has not yet been rated, be the first to write a review!