AJA’s ROI-DP Mini-Converter allows exceptionally high quality conversion of computer DisplayPort outputs to baseband video over SDI at an affordable price and a very portable size. With extensive audio functionality, incredible image scaling as well as aspect and frame rate conversion, ROI fulfills the growing need to properly incorporate computer signals into the video world without sacrificing budget or space.
Eliminate extra interface clutter and menu bars and extract only the portion of the computer screen you want.
Connecting a ROI Mini-Converter via USB to a computer running the free Mini-Config application lets you interactively select a Region of Interest from the incoming computer signal and have full control over how that region is scaled to the output resolution using AJA’s high quality scaling algorithms for the cleanest picture quality possible.
Take full control of aspect ratio and frame rate conversion with on-screen controls in the Mini-Config software that show you exactly what your source and output will look like and what formats are coming in and going out. Simple menu controls let you quickly choose the proper output for any situation.
ROI utilizes a direct loop through, allowing it to be placed in-line so you still have a connection to an external monitor while extracting to SDI. The reference input ensures the SDI signal out of ROI is locked for use throughout a production or facility.
ROI accepts 2-channel audio from the 3.5mm analog audio input or embedded 8-channel audio from a DisplayPort input. The audio source and routing can be selected in the Mini-Config software and is embedded in the SDI output. This allows computer audio to be embedded within the SDI signal for easy, synchronized routing.
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
All AJA Mini-Converters are covered by a 5 year warranty and AJA's advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, ensuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
• Computer Signals:
• WUXGA (1920 x 1200) 60 Hz max
• VGA (640 x 480) minimum
Note: Frame rates limited by the 166 mHz max pixel rate of the DP receiver
• Video Signals:
• (HD) 1920 x 1080i 25, 29.97
• (HD) 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1280 x 720p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i, 525i
• (SD) 480p, 580p
• (HD) 1080p 50, 59.94, 60 - SMPTE 425-1 Level A mapping structure 1 (4:2:2 10-bit YCbCr)
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
• Permissible reference video inputs include:
• 1080i tri-level sync
• 1080p tri-level sync
• 720p tri-level sync
• PAL 625 bi-level sync
• NTSC 525 bi-level sync
• 1x DisplayPort 1.1a input connector
• 1 x DisplayPort pass through connector
• 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424, 1 x BNC
• ROI-DP does not encode the DisplayPort output with HDCP encryption
• ROI-DP does not accept HDCP input
• 1 x Analog 3.5mm TRS, 2-Channel
• DisplayPort embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-Channel
• SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 2-Channel or 8-Channel
• DisplayPort embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-Channel
• USB port used with supplied cable and Mini-Config software application to configure device via Mac or Windows
• 5.765" x 4.02" x 0.9" (146.431mm x 102.108mm x 22.86mm)
• Uses AJA power supply model DWP-U-R1 (included with purchase)
• 100-240V, 50/60 Hz Universal Input
• +5 to 20V DC regulated, 9 watts max
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)